Monday, March 12, 2012

Living it up in Lafayette - Waits Family Reunion 2011


Back in July 2011, the Waits family met in Lafayette, Louisiana for a reunion.  I decided to push my craftiness onto those at the reunion (hey, I married into the family) and nag people into making a quilt.  We had mixed participation at first, but some family members really got into it.  It was decided that our dear aunt, Julia, should receive the quilt.  Fast forward to March 2012 and I FINALLY finished the quilt.  Unfortunately the project kept getting pushed to the back burner.  How fun it was going over the the fond memories of the reunion while finishing the quilt.

I hope Aunt Julia enjoys it as much as I enjoyed making it.  I've also included a couple of photos from the reunion.




John, Sissy, Hilton Jr., Hobson, Jeanette and Julia

On the swamp tour.

Just the way I like them, nice and lazy.

Looking over old family photos.

Cousins Meredith, Dana and Jennifer with Aunt Julia.

 John and Julia looking over old family photos.


Scout enjoying the Tabasco factory tour at Avery Island.

















No comments:

Post a Comment